[GOAL] More than 3.000 repositories in BASE!

Dirk Pieper dirk.pieper at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue May 20 14:04:23 BST 2014

Dear all,

we are happy to announce, that BASE (www.base-search.net) has reached
two more milestones with indexing more than 60,000,000 OAI-records
provided now by more than 3.000 repositories worldwide.

In 2014 we have indexed about 250 new repositories until now, which
indicates the ongoing importance of repositories as the backbone of the
OA infrastructure. Also in this year, we are going to celebrate the
tenth anniversary of BASE!

About BASE:

BASE is a multi-disciplinary search engine for academically relevant
OAI-Sources worldwide, which is created and developed by Bielefeld
University Library since 2004.

BASE is now one of the largest academic search engines providing access
to more than 60 mio. publication records from more than 3.000
international repositories and e-journals.

Follow us: twitter.com/#!BASEsearch

Blog for the OAI community: ub.unibi.de/oaiblog
BASE Blog (in german): ub.unibi.de/baseblog

Best, Dirk

  Dirk Pieper
  Bielefeld UL - Head of Media Department
  Universitätsstr. 25, D-33615 Bielefeld
  E-mail: dirk.pieper at uni-bielefeld.de
  Tel.: +49 521 106-4010 | Fax: +49 521 106-4052

  www.ub.uni-bielefeld.de
  www.base-search.net