[EP-tech] Setting editorial scope by roles

Robin Sylvestre robin.sylvestre at polymtl.ca
Thu Jul 30 05:44:11 BST 2020

Hello friends of EPrints,

Does anybody know how to set editorial scope based on a user role? I don’t
think there’s a native way to add them with roles, but based on a role
given to a user I would like to assign editperms to the current user
($repo->current_user->{editperms} ) on login and I can’t find the correct
syntax. I’ve looked in the documentation for an example how to set this
variable and I can’t find much. It should be close to a search equation
but it’s stored in the database in the form of
0|1||eprint|-|type:type:ANY:EQ:article|-| . How do I translate that into
an array?

Looking forward for your advice.

Robin Sylvestre

Technicien des systèmes informatisés