[EP-tech] Reinstating deleted file
karl.goetz at utas.edu.au
Fri May 24 00:40:44 BST 2019
I haven’t managed to find a solution to this so I’m hoping someone has some experience in this area.
I have a situation something like this:
* Staff member creates empty eprint 29788
* Staff member uploads the first version, my_file_20190404.pdf, as supplied by academic. URL is /29788/1/my_file_20190404.pdf
* Staff member uploads revised version, my_file_20190510.pdf, as supplied by academic. URL is /29788/7/my_file_20190510.pdf
* Staff member removes first version, my_file_20190404
* Academic asks for the first version to be re-instated as it had been hot linked to
* Staff member uploads a copy of my_file_20190510.pdf as my_file_20190404.pdf. URL is /29788/13/my_file_20190404.pdf
This matches the expectations set out in the documentation where each upload was recorded separately as a file but I can’t find anything covering ‘undeletes'
Can I re create file 01 and add it back to eprints, using means fair or foul?
We’re using IRStats2 for tracking access so a solution would need to work with that - otherwise I'll simply tell the staff member in question we can’t fix the deletion.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Technical Services Officer - eResearch
Wed, Thu, Fri Senior Library Officer (Library Systems)
University of Tasmania, Private Bag 25, Hobart 7001
University of Tasmania Electronic Communications Policy (December, 2014).
This email is confidential, and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone outside the intended recipient organisation is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of the University of Tasmania, unless clearly intended otherwise.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eprints-tech