[EP-tech] EPrints and MariaDB / MaxScale

martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch
Thu Feb 7 08:43:41 GMT 2019

Hi,

we had recently migrated our test environment to a MariaDB Master/Slave
setup including a MariaDB MaxScale load balancer that distributes queries
to the slave and master.
We observe some strange behaviour and we guess it has to do with that
EPrints creates cache tables.

Before, we had a MySQL Master/Slave setup, but without load balancer. All
queries were routed to the master. The slave was just used for backup.
Everything worked fine for years.

Are there any experiences and recommendations with a loadbalanced database
setup in the EPrints community?

Thanks,

Martin

--