[EP-tech] non working DataciteDoi plugin (Recollect installed)

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Fri Mar 30 10:41:19 BST 2018

Hi!

  I'm using Recollect Plugin together with DataCiteDoi, both from
bazaar, Eprints 3.3.15

  I'm wondering how this plugin can work. It totally misses, for
example, contributors which are *mandatory* for Datacite MDS v4. When
calling the MDS api, I get:

The content of element 'resource' is not complete. One of
'{"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":publisher,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":contributors,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":dates,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":language,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":alternateIdentifiers,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":relatedIdentifiers,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":sizes,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":formats,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":version,
"http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-4":fundingReferences}' is expected.

I also had to comment out the "type" mapping in
lib/cfg.d/z_datacite_mapping.pl because it got inserted on the top (*).
Luckly, Recollect has a "data_type" which get correctly mapped on
resourceType:

|<resourceType resourceTypeGeneral="Dataset">Dataset</resourceType>|

So, I need some help if you've been able to make it work, I'm a little
confused.

(*) another issue is the order of the field, given by:

foreach my $field ( $dataobj->{dataset}->get_fields) in
lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Export/DataCiteXML.pm

Being it a standard with known fields, to avoid errors, shouldn't be it
a fixed and ordered list of fields?

(**) Also, isn't the test server test.mds.datacite.org and not
test.datacite.org/mds? If so, the z_datacitedoi.pl can be updated with
the correct url?