[EP-tech] Is EPrints 3.4 and beyond open source software?

Ian Stuart Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 29 08:26:51 BST 2017

Ah - yes..... their [Eprint/Southampton] problem is developer time: 10
years ago, Southampton had a dozen people working on the code.

Now the money for these projects has dried up, and the research money
has moved elsewhere.... there's not the developer time to do big
re-writes.... *THAT* is why 3.4 is so slow

--
Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.