[EP-tech] DataCite Doi Plugin

Alfredo Cosco alfredo.cosco at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 23:39:08 BST 2017


I used the default string:

$c->{datacitedoi}{apiurl} = "https://mds.test.datacite.org/";

2017-06-20 22:21 GMT+02:00 Enio Carboni <enio.carboni at gmail.com>:

> What value did you put in "$c->{datacitedoi}{apiurl}" in cfg/cgf.d/
> z_datacitedoi.pl?
>
> This URL should end with a '/' otherwise the url for the coin
> unfortunately is not done well.
>
>  Let me know if there are any news
>   Enio
>
> Il 20/06/2017 19:48, Alfredo Cosco ha scritto:
>
> Hi All, hi Enio,
> I installed your plugin and I'm trying to launch the bin script to test it.
> I get this error message from the script:
>
> Connecting to DB ... done.
> [doi=10.5072/UNINA.FEDOA/1125] Metadata registration response from
> datacite api: response_code=400
> [doi=10.5072/UNINA.FEDOA/1125] rescheduling event
> Error HTTP_LOCKED while trying to coin doi for eprint 1125
> Ending EPrints Repository.
>
> Thanks,
> Alfredo
>
> 2017-06-16 17:09 GMT+02:00 Enio Carboni <enio.carboni at gmail.com>:
>
>> I use my own version last year forked from eprints/datasite but with the
>> news of the fork in eprintsug
>>
>> You may try at https://github.com/eniocarboni/datacite where i also add
>> a manual script to coin in bin/datacitecoin so we can test better.
>>
>> As I wrote the last edit is November 2016 so I hope the plugin can still
>> be fine
>>
>>   Enio Carboni
>>
>> Il 16/06/2017 16:36, Alfredo Cosco ha scritto:
>>
>> Hello,
>> no, I didn't receive any suggestion.
>> But now at least I can read an error log.
>> So, I verified my plugin and is in sync with github repo.
>>
>> I verified all connection parameters and set up the script to make tests
>> on datacite:
>> $c->{datacitedoi}{prefix} = "10.5072";
>> $c->{datacitedoi}{apiurl} = "https://mds.test.datacite.org";
>>
>> then I restarted the indexer.
>>
>> Now when I try to coin a DOI the indexer.log add this message
>>
>> [urn:uuid:86176f74-3e5f-466c-8680-94b13876b8ff]
>> Event::DataCiteEvent::datacite_doi: Error during execution:
>> XML::LibXML::Node::appendChild() -- nNode is not a blessed SV reference
>> at /usr/share/eprints3/archives/sire/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Export/DataCiteXML.pm
>> line 73.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Alfedo
>>
>>
>>
>> 2017-06-13 22:43 GMT+02:00 Tomasz Neugebauer <
>> Tomasz.Neugebauer at concordia.ca>:
>>
>>> I hope that Alfredo received some help from back in April, I didn’t see
>>> it on the list.
>>>
>>> I found installing the DataCite plugin difficult as well. I got it work
>>> eventually, but it was not trivial.
>>>
>>> I think that the Bazaar plugin is probably out of synch with all the
>>> fixes that were applied in the last year or so to the github code.
>>>
>>> Here is a couple of points to remember when troubleshooting DataCite
>>> plugin (something I was doing today):
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 1)      The indexer does much of the work, so if you make a change to
>>> the DataCite Event script, you have to restart the indexer before you see a
>>> change.  Today, I had to make a change to accommodate this issue:
>>> https://github.com/eprintsug/DataCiteDoi/issues/13 for example, since I
>>> was minting a DOI for an item with a title in French.
>>>
>>> 2)      The error/logging for minting seems mostly to be stored with
>>> the indexer.log in var folder.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks to David for flagging issue 13!  I spent half the day trying to
>>> figure this one out before I found the issue post.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Tomasz
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *From:* eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:
>>> eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] *On Behalf Of *Alfredo Cosco
>>> *Sent:* April-10-17 3:33 AM
>>> *To:* eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
>>> *Subject:* [EP-tech] DataCite Doi Plugin
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i'm trying to configure DataCite Doi plugin found on eprintsug github
>>> page:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> https://github.com/eprintsug/DataCiteDoi
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> The plugin seems correctly installed, the button to coin a DOI appears
>>> but seems that it doesn't work.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I  set the plugin with the test API address:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> https://mds.test.datacite.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I set it with my datacite user and pw.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> But new DOIs do not appear in the list of generated DOI.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Please help me.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Alfredo
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk
>>> /mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>>> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>>> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>>> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
>>
>>
>>
>> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
>>
>>
>
>
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
>
>
>
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/attachments/20170621/c36d2873/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Eprints-tech mailing list