[EP-tech] Creating a test repository from production repository

Juan C. Herraiz Regidor jcherraiz at ucm.es
Tue Jul 11 13:09:38 BST 2017

Hello all,

I’ll be in charge of our Eprints institution repository, so I’m new
administering eprints. Reading info right now to familiarize with it.

FIrst of all, I would like to install a new develop repository to test any
change to implement before applying to production repository and migrate
data/configuration from production to develop/test system.

The idea is:

-          Production repository: eprints.ourinstitution.com, Database:
eprints (MySQL production BBDD environment), ArchiveID: eprints

-          Develop/test repository: eprintsD.ourinstitution.local, Database
eprintsD (MySQL test BBDD environment) , ArchiveID: eprintsD

-          Red Hat Linux 5 environment

The procedure to execute:

1.       Do the points at https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Moving_a_repository

2.       Modifiy database.pl in Develop/test repository to address the
database test environment

3.       Rename in Develop/test repository archiveID “eprints” to “eprintsD”

4.       Update any pages/templates addressing eprints.ourinstitution.com
to eprintsD.ourinstitution.local

5.  $./bin/epadmin test

6.  $./bin/generate_apacheconf

7.  $ rm -rf /opt/eprints3/archives/myrepo/html/*

Do you thing this procedure will run ok? Anything else to consider?

Any advice or warning will be apreciated.

Best Regards,

JC

eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk