[EP-tech] Import problems!

Thomas Lauke th.lauke at arcor.de
Fri Feb 10 12:59:58 GMT 2017

Hi Andrew,

some comments/ideas considering your experiences:
> I would have expected it to have created the metadata record but ignore the file, but that’s not the case.
EPrints follows the motto: do it properly or not at all, i.e. some meta data without files is disfavoured ...

> ... how can I get it to grab any protected documents?
by a bypass via `wget`, which allows to specify your authorizing data?
Get the web data to a file system and import from there after adapting the appropriate xml-specification, i.e. the file path!

A missing eprint_status could be added in xml-file. xmlstarlet simplifies xml modifications.

Hth
Thomas