[EP-tech] Extract data from PDF files

Robin Sylvestre robin.sylvestre at polymtl.ca
Mon Apr 25 20:42:56 BST 2016

Hello fellow EPrinters,

I’ve been playing with the « Extract data » function to extract metadata
from PDF files, and I’m not having much success. I’ve tried with different
PDF files, both from official publishers or internally-created files. I’ve
never been able to extract more than the title, and only from a few files.

Did any of you have more success with this function? Is there a way to
improve extraction? Or to disable this function altogether if it just doesn’t
work?

Thank you!

  <http://www.polymtl.ca/sc/img/logoType/logoseul/gauche/polytechnique_gauche_cmyk.jpg>

Robin Sylvestre

Technicien en documentation

Bibliothèque - Services techniques et systèmes informatisés

École Polytechnique de Montréal

Tél.: 514-340-4711 poste 3743