[EP-tech] Replace an EPrints Function

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Apr 23 07:46:01 BST 2016

Hi Alan,

Take a look at these instructions: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Instructions_for_local_plugins

As you're trying to do something in a plugin, it all works really well (like it was designed for this!).

One addition to the page would be that you could call the method you're overriding if you wanted to:
my $original_rendering = $self->SUPER::render( $things );
$original_rendering->appendChild( ... );

 - if you just want to append/prepend extra nodes to the original render.

Also, when I do this, I normally name the new package e.g. EPrints::Plugin::Screen::ArchiveIDItems rather than EPrints::Plugin::Screen::MyItems - makes it easier when you've got multiple archives running.

Cheers,
John