[EP-tech] Community Contribution Day
af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 11:17:54 BST 2015
As mentioned in my previous email, I'd like to organise a day on which the community can contribute to EPrints. Typically, these days are run with the coders doing EPrints development, but I think that every member of the EPrints community has something to offer.
* Perhaps you have some internal documentation that you could get up on the wiki
* Do you understand an aspect of EPrints well enough to improve the documentation?
* Are you a developer? How about verifying pull requests or fixing issues?
* Could you make a video walking us through how you do something in EPrints?
* Are you really good at organising? Can you make a list of jobs that could be done on the day and act as a dispatcher?
* Can you help people get started -- there might be a lot of willingness, but contributors may need to be introduced to our systems (e.g. wiki accounts and best practices).
* Could you take a look at existing wiki pages and classify pages as Good / Needs Improvement / Needs Removal?
These are just some ideas of what could get done on the day (and in the run-up). On the day, we will coordinate online in some way (suggestions, anyone), and hopefully achieve the following:
* Improve EPrints
* Improve the Documentation
* Strengthen the Community
* Create a Model for Future Contribution Days
Please have a look at your calendars for the last three weeks of November and mark your availability on this doodle:
Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead
+44 (0)23 8059 8814
More information about the Eprints-tech