[EP-tech] Coversheets plugin - can't find OpenOffice

Robin Sylvestre robin.sylvestre at polymtl.ca
Wed Oct 21 17:44:03 BST 2015

Are any of you familiar with the Coversheets plugin and OpenOffice Toolkit?

We are trying to make it work, but so far we are stuck, as we can’t get it
to find the OpenOffice executable.

We followed instructions from the wiki
(http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Coversheets) and installed everything. I can add
coversheets to the admin interface under “manage records”, and they are
added to the task queue when the PDF is first requested. Everything seems to
work except the part where it actually tries to generate and attach the
coversheet.

Looking at the /eprints/var/OpenOffice.log file, I get “OpenOffice
executable not found”, even though OpenOffice paths have been correctly set
in the file /eprints/lib/cfg.d/openoffice.pl

Are we missing anything?

Running EPrints 3.3.13 on CentOS 7.

Thanks for your help!

  <http://www.polymtl.ca/sc/img/logoType/logoseul/gauche/polytechnique_gauche_cmyk.jpg>

Robin Sylvestre

Technicien en documentation

Bibliothèque - Services techniques et systèmes informatisés

École Polytechnique de Montréal

Tél.: 514-340-4711 poste 3743