[EP-tech] Re: Permission denied error installing plugin

Thomas Lauke th.lauke at arcor.de
Wed Nov 25 17:47:27 GMT 2015

Hi Kahena,

> The error I provided was seen the apache logs in /var/log/httpd/error_log and is therefore experienced by apache.
yes, but apache just triggers a perl script ... imho /opt/eprints3/Eprints/perl_lib/EPrints/EPM/Source.pm

Apache's configuration controls also the accessibility of your file system by its processes.

Your downloaded package contains an index, e.g. /opt/eprints3/Eprints/lib/epm/bookmarks/bookmarks.epmi, listing all relevant files and directories ...
So check all mentioned paths for existence, generate them, if necessary, or check the individual error causes due to permissions.

This pragmatic approach should get your installation running?

Hth
Thomas