[EP-tech] How to create a private archive ?

Gilles Fournié gilles.fournie at cirad.fr
Mon Nov 16 16:52:43 GMT 2015

Hi,

We would like to use EPrints to manage a database of items not related
to publications nor documents.

For practical reasons, we would like to install this eprints
pseudo-archive on the same server used for our open archive repository.
So, it would be accessible from internet.

But we need to control access (even for reading) to our employees only.

I have found no way to prevent visitors to access views or even to view
eprints.
I hoped that overriding EPrints::Repository::allow_anybody to make it
always return 0 would work, but it doesn't.

Any advices or suggestions on how to make this "close archive" would be
greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Gilles