[EP-tech] Re: EPrints Bibtex output and ORCID

Ian Stuart Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Wed May 13 10:26:15 BST 2015

On 13/05/15 09:34, Andrew Beeken wrote:
> Hello all! We’re currently having a big push on ORCID signup at
> Lincoln and have been getting some very positive movement from our
> academics. However, we are having some issues with getting EPrints
> records into ORCID – every now and then we will get a Bibtex file
> that runs into problems when uploading to ORCID. The specific error
> is that there is a problem with the Bibtex structure, rendering it
> unreadable. Has anyone else encountered this? I’m wondering if the
> records have some unescaped characters in them that are causing the
> Bibtex to break, however I’m unsure of how to go about testing the
> syntax of a Bibtex file. Any pointers would be most helpful!

My first thought would be "are you sure its the ORCID that's the problem?

BibTek is based on LaTeX, and LaTeX is a 7-bit ASCII construct with
encodings: (José Joaquín Mira => Jos{\'e} Joaqu{\'i}n Mira)

Could this be the basis of your problem?

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.