[EP-tech] Re: Shibboleth/SAML and ePrints 3.3.x

Ian Stuart Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 12 10:01:22 BST 2015

On 12/05/15 09:35, Yuri wrote:
> Question: Can eprints be run under a reverse proxy?

Yes it can..... sorta.
I'm running two systems (with a common database & a common filestore)
through a load-balancer.

The problem exists because EPrints generates absolute URLs for
everything (http://web.host.name/view/fooBar/fandangle)

In my case - broker.edina.ac.uk is a public-facing hostname, and is
bounced off to either or two hosts (which are on a private network),
where the servers are running on higher port numbers

What you do is build the initial system with it's private hostname &
weird port number... and get it running OK

Then, having set up the proxy to talk to it, you go in & edit
cfg.d/10_core.pl to define the public hostname & port number.... and
then do a generate_static (etc) to get all URLs remade with the public URL.

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.