[EP-tech] Re: Auto complete not working for authors

alen vodopijevec alen at irb.hr
Tue Mar 24 04:46:33 GMT 2015

Hi Mathieu,

I hope you're not doing that upgrade tests on the production instance.

Have you done 'epadmin update/upgrade' thing?

What is your mysql version version, database charset and
charset/collation of other tables?

###
If you'll you have to change encoding of your entire database some basic
steps are:

1. dump database in utf8 (mysqldump with options default_character_set
set-charset etc.) .. for current mysql, utf8 is default.
2. create new utf8 based database
3. import previously dumped data again with character set defined.

After step one you should verify character set of your dumped sql file.
If it's latin1 iso-8859-1 .. you could use command line tools like iconv
or recode to change file encoding and import data after that..

You could add/change character set and collations in dump file within
'create table' statments..

The same applies if you are dealing with just one table not entire
database, except you are not creating new database :)..

You can also find some useful hints here:
[1] http://kb.siteground.com/importexport_mysql_database/
[2]
http://www.anchor.com.au/hosting/support/MySQL/Character_sets_and_Encodings
[3] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html