[EP-tech] Re: Retired items lead to EPrints System Error

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 12:03:06 GMT 2015

> I really don't know where to search and what to fix
How much do you know about running a server? Does the word ‘grep’ mean anything to you?
If so, from the eprints directory, try the following ***type these commands out – the quotes in this email may end up ‘special’***:
grep –r ‘replacedby’ perl_lib lib
(this will search all files in perl_lib and lib for ‘replacedby’).

grep –r ‘replacedby’ archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/
(this will search all your archive configuration files for ‘replacedby’)

Somewhere in one of these locations, there’s probably a reference to ‘replacedby’ – let us know what you find!

If ‘grep’ means nothing to you, we’ll have to start at a more basic level!
Cheers,
John