[EP-tech] Re: EPrints Import Question

Adam Field af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 09:19:28 BST 2015

I generally script this kind of thing using the EPrints API, but id does have to be run on the command line of the server.  I've done this quite a few times -- here's an example of one I did a couple of years ago:

  	https://github.com/gobfrey/langsnap_eprints/blob/master/import_data.pl#L58

...lines 58 to 84 is the process of creating an eprint and attaching a file to it.

If you code, or have access to someone who codes, it's straightforwards.  I'd be very happy to trade advice, code fragments and information for documentation on the EPrints wiki for the next person with this problem.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services

I am currently not working in the UK.  Due to timezone differences (GMT -9) email responses may take longer.