[EP-tech] Nth Download

Adam Field af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 7 09:15:45 BST 2015

Hi

	I spent a lot of time today trying to figure out the 50,000th download of a fulltext on one of our customer's repository.  I have created a script to do this (whether you have IRStats or not) and I've blogged about it, as I haven't actually figured out how to tell the 50,000th download with any degree of confidence.

	See:
		https://github.com/gobfrey/nth_download/blob/master/nth_download.pl
		http://www.adamfield.net/wp/2015/08/eprints-nth-fulltext-download/

	If anyone can do any better than me on this, please let me know.  I may have missed something, but it was interesting to explore this.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services

I am currently not working in the UK.  Due to timezone differences (GMT -9) email responses may take longer.