[EP-tech] Re: Login required to retrieve requested documents

sf2 sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 10 14:40:41 BST 2014

Make sure you have the block from line 25 onwards:
https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/master/lib/defaultcfg/cfg.d/security.pl

On your repo that should be at archives/<id>/cfg/cfg.d/security.pl

Seb

On 10.09.2014 14:31, Andrew Beeken wrote:

> I¹m not trying to be awkward here, just trying to understand this process
> as my colleagues here are disagreeing! So, when we or the academic
> receives a ³Request Copy² email there is a link in that email to say
> ³Approve this request² which then takes them to EPrints to confirm that
> they approve the request. The requester then receives an email with a link
> to download their document. If you¹re saying that this can¹t be done then
> isn¹t the above a redundant feature?
>
> On 10/09/2014 14:17, "Ian Stuart" <Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 10/09/14 14:05, Andrew Beeken wrote: But shouldn¹t the request a copy button create an unlocked version for the person that requested it? No, request a copy should email the person who deposited the record (assuming the depositor left a contact email address), so THEY can pass it on. Repositories cannot arbitrarily unlock restricted records - but depositors can send a copy to another researcher if they ask for it (under fair use guidelines) -- Ian Stuart. Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team, EDINA, The University of Edinburgh. http://edina.ac.uk/ [1] This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln,
has established an international reputation based on high student
satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents
to another person or take copies.

Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln
makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot
guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance
with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at:
http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal [2].

*** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/ [4]
*** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/ [5]
*** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/ [6]