[EP-tech] Re: Migrating EPrints
Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 11:21:50 BST 2014
On 09/09/14 10:21, Andrew Beeken wrote:
> Hello all! Is there a handy guide anywhere on how to migrate an existing EPrints to a fresh install?
The first questions that spring to mind are
* How modified are your datasets (eprint fields, etc)
* How modified is your GUI? (template, browse fields, abstract page
* How big is your database?
Assuming your are moving from a stock eprints (perhaps with some changes
to the stylesheet, logos, and template files), and a fairly small
dataset - then you can export the eprints & export the users, then
import the users & import the eprints
I've recently done a move of a complex, extended, dataset from one
hosting system to another.
* Install a base EPrints & check it works
* Update the various datasets & rebuild the database
* Add in the importers & exporters, the template & GUI changes, and all
the other ancillary stuff
* test your importers & exporters
* run around your GUI, make sure everything's there.
NOW copy the old database to the new database (at
MySQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDB level) and the Disk0/ tree to the new
filesystem... and get the system to regenerate views & abstracts...
Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
The University of Edinburgh.
This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
More information about the Eprints-tech