[EP-tech] Managing Bazaar package development

Mark Gregson mark.gregson at qut.edu.au
Tue Sep 2 13:48:32 BST 2014

Hi Bazaar package developers

I'm just starting to work with Bazaar packages and I'm wondering how to handle their development, packaging and upload. The key issue is that I want to manage the source code for the package in a separate git repo to my EPrints core but developing the code in an EPrints install and then copying the code back to a git repo to commit seems somewhat clumsy. I'm tempted to write a script for packaging and installing an EPM from a git working copy (as far as I can see tools/epm doesn't really help with this, or am I missing something?).

I'd be very interested to hear how you more experienced package developers are handling this.

Cheers
Mark

Mark Gregson | Applications and Development Team Leader
Library eServices | Queensland University of Technology
Level 3 | R Block | Kelvin Grove Campus | GPO Box 2434 | Brisbane 4001
Phone: +61 7 3138 3782 | Web: http://eprints.qut.edu.au/<http://www.qut.edu.au/>
ABN: 83 791 724 622
CRICOS No: 00213J