[EP-tech] Re: Different Results from Search/Advanced Search

martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch
Tue Nov 25 11:27:34 GMT 2014

Hi Dan,

yes, the number of results from quick search should be equal or higher than
those from advanced search, not vice versa.
Obviously, your eprints 6157, 5974, and 5977 are not indexed by Xapian.

We have also found that 6 out of 1614 records in our repo were not indexed
by Xapian (since we log since 25th September whether a record is indexed ).
Indexing rate should be 100%, not 99.5%!
We have not yet found a reason why this is so, although for 4 records we
see some pattern.
Definitely we can say that it is NOT due to record locking.

Your and our case tend us to believe that there must be some bug - it seems
that due to some obscure reason Xapian indexing is not triggered.

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle