[EP-tech] Re: change subjects list in advanced search to real tree view

Rory McNicholl rory.mcnicholl at ulcc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 24 10:11:33 GMT 2014

Hi Jens,

I would start with a new component field plugin. So your workflow would look like this:

<stage name="subjects">
    <component type="Field::Subject_plugin_by_jens">
      <field ref="subjects" required="yes"/>
    </component>
  </stage>

Make a copy (including path from InputForm) of perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/InputForm/Component/Field/Subject.pm to the cfg/plugins directory, rename and build your required functionality in this new pm.

I think that is the "official" way, though there could be others.

Cheers,

Rory

Rory McNicholl
Lead developer, Research Repositories Team
Academic Research Technologies
University of London Computer Centre
Senate House
Malet Street
London
WC1E 7HU

t: +44 (0)20 7863 1344
e: rory.mcnicholl at london.ac.uk
w: http://www.ulcc.ac.uk/

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales.