[EP-tech] Re: Browse Views not displaying

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 14:50:04 GMT 2014

Hello,

You can ignore the "unrecognized file" warning, there was a minor bug in
detecting certain generated files (but it doesn't affect how/whether
pages are generated). This is documented & fixed here:
https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/211

You seem on EPrints 3.3 where you don't need to run "generate_views"
anymore. If the view pages don't exist they are generated on-demand. You
can force them to be generated on the next request by issuing
"bin/epadmin refresh_views <id>".

Views should then be under REPO_URL/view/ or on-disk:
archives/<id>/html/en/view/index.html

Oh and you'll need data (eprints) in the live archive in order to have
any "view" pages.

I hope this will help you progress,

Seb.