[EP-tech] Re: UTF-8 issues on BibTeX import?
Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 15:45:49 GMT 2014
Have you tried
$count = utf8::upgrade($name)
(I tried all sorts of things over the years... and I don't think I've
On 10/03/14 15:31, Andrew Beeken wrote:
> Looking into this a bit further, the issue seems to be around the keys
> that records take with them out of, say, a Scopus export. For example, a
> record may be given a key of Péron20141; note the accent - this is the
> part that¹s causing the issue and is probably understandable if the key is
> conforming to specific standards. With this in mind, is there a workaround?
> On 10/03/2014 11:24, "Ian Stuart" <Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>> On 10/03/14 11:02, Andrew Beeken wrote:
>>> Me again!
>>> Another issue that has been flagged up by our admin users is that a
>>> BibTeX import will fall over when it encounters accented characters
>>> in an author name. I¹ve already flagged a problem with UTF-8 encoding
>>> in output in another email and I¹m wondering if there is a similar
>>> fix here?
>> Something to consider (I fell over this) is that web servers have a
>> tendency to not actually sent UTF-8, even when you ask them to....
>> I have a script that wouldn't render the name of some Dutch university
>> correctly..... but when I added in the name of a chinese one, it was fine.
>> It was a blinkin' NIGHTMARE to figure out.... and in the end I bypassed
>> the EPrints output, and just "printed" directly, with the line
>> binmode(STDOUT, ":utf8");
>> in my code.
Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
The University of Edinburgh.
This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
More information about the Eprints-tech