[EP-tech] Re: generate_views - no list pages...

Nick Wallingford nickw at beekeeping.co.nz
Wed Jun 18 23:30:32 BST 2014

OK, I've got the Ubuntu nicely running 14.04, and using eprints 3.3.12

I'd done the misc. apache 2.4 patches to sort out the errors/warnings as
suggested in http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/thread-19050.html

Re-generated views appears to be OK.  Restart apache.

But still, the sub-pages such as /view/year/2005.html show as 404 - not
being dynamically built when requested, from what I read from John below.

No clues from the apache access or error logs (apart from error.log
reporting that "script
'/usr/share/eprints3/archives/test/html/en/view/year/2005.html' not
found or unable to stat, referer: http://research.i.ac.nz/view/year/"

In the year folder, index.html gets generated and written to disk with
generate_views, but 2005.html does not (as it is created 'on the fly'?)
  But I note that though there is an (empty) index.template file, there
is no 2005.template file.  Should there necessarily be?

I'm thinking there must be some 'enabling' that I need to do for those
views before the sub-pages will generate as they should?  But
(obviously) new to the application, too!

Nick Wallingford
Tauranga, NZ