[EP-tech] Re: large-scale repositories?

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Mon Jun 9 09:53:05 BST 2014

Il 09/06/2014 10:09, Ian Stuart ha scritto:
> Are there any large-scale EPrints repos out there?
> (by large scale, I mean 100,000+ accessible records)

we've about 40.000 record in two repository (with 10.000 record with
full text)

I think the big problem is in Apache delivery files (also you've to tune
it for Perl and both static content...), there should be a away to serve
files without using perl, or in a minimal way. Another big problem is
updating views, takes a lot of time and I had to disable some of the
because it takes ages (days) do regenerate/update the view.

The site is often at load 1, 1.5, most of the time serving pdfs outside.
It works but not perfect.