[EP-tech] Re: EPrints and Apache 2.4 (/Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) [FIXES]

Christian Blohmann christian.blohmann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:08:16 BST 2014

Hi Sebastien,

I have applied your patches and report success in running Eprints 3.3.12 on
Ubuntu 14.04. As added benefit the URLs look much nicer now that no HTML
escaping is done on non-ASCII characters. Thanks a lot for fixing this!

To give you and other users a few more details: I had a testing
installation of Eprints 3.3.12 running on Ubuntu 13.04. The upgrade to
Ubuntu 13.10 entails the upgrade from apache 2.2 to apache 2.4. This leads
to a few problems due to the changes in the apache API which are fixed by
the first three patches. The upgrade from Ubuntu 13.04 to 14.04 entails the
upgrade to Perl 5.18 which in my case broke quite a bit. The symptoms are
various redirection loops and errors due to undefined parameters. I figured
that this was due to bad URL rewriting but couldn't find out how to fix it.
Your 4th patch in your list seems to fix this. I will now start serious
testing and report if I encounter more issues.

Christian