[EP-tech] Re: Upgrading a server

Brian D. Gregg bdgregg at pitt.edu
Tue Jul 22 15:20:27 BST 2014

I definitely agree with Yuri.

Do the export of the 2.x version including archive, user, subjects and subscriptions (if possible - there was a patch back in the day for this I believe - may or not be worth it now) in ep3xml format.  Copy the documents/disk0 folder over to the new system (use the same folder location or you'll have to munge your XML as the 'eprints' import actually looks for the file to exist in the location indicated in the XML) and import into the 3.x version of EPrints.  Don't kill off your old server until you are done as this is a rinse and repeat process until you get everything perfect on your new 3.x server.

Brian Gregg