[EP-tech] EPrints Dev Pow-wow and other announcements

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 15:09:21 BST 2014

Hi all,

TimMB and I have been trying to organise some sort of meetings to have
some structures and documentations on the EPrints code development. The
main features are the work I've been doing around eprints4 and the
improved integration with the Xapian search engine.

For now, it seems that we will have a presence at the Edinburgh
Repo-Fringe'14 where we invite anyone interested in these activities to
join. We will also organise other local meetings (probably in London).
It is unlikely that we will organise video-conferencing at this stage.
It is a good idea but it is not very practical (time-zones!) and we want
to get some work done, especially in the form of writing some documentation.

Also, it is time for me to announce that I will be leaving the EPrints
world on the 8th of August (3 weeks from now). I will be moving to a new
job at the Tate Digital in London from the 1st of September. It is my
intention to keep being involved in EPrints but I will only have my
free-time to do so.

Seb