[EP-tech] Assistance with eprints 2 options

Michael Street mstreet at yorku.ca
Fri Feb 21 15:28:59 GMT 2014

Hello,

I have a repository that I set up many years ago and maintenance of
which has passed away and back again.  It's an eprints 2 repo that is
functioning fine but the administrators would like to upgrade/migrate it
to version 3.  I believe it's about 7 years old now.  The machine has
never been upgraded, not even the OS.

I have the new hardware but I just can't figure out the best way to
achieve this.  I've looked at the migration script written by cjg but
I'm worried to try code so old.

Is there a way to just export everything in a format that can be brought
into the latest version?

If not, then I do have the people available to input old the eprints
into the new version.  The only issue with that is that the URLs MUST
match the original ones.  This new machine will eventually replace the
original, once everything is migrated over.   Is there anyway to
directly edit the eprint id of a deposit?

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
*Michael Street     |    Senior Web Consultant    | Integration, Design
and Identity Services - University Information Technology*

Suite D, East Office Building  |  York University  |  4700 Keele St. ,
  Toronto ON  M3J 1P3 Canada

York UIT will NEVER send unsolicited requests for passwords or other
personal information via email.  Messages requesting such information
are fraudulent and should be deleted.
<http://uit.news.yorku.ca/2009/11/20/november-20-2009-new-fraudulent-email-do-not-respond/>