[EP-tech] Re: Indexing files inside a compressed (zip, rar) document

sf2 sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 15:15:07 GMT 2014

Hi Andras,

If you're on 3.3, have a look inside lib/cfg.d/search_xapian.pl and look
where it does the full text indexing (look for "Convert"). It might just
be easier to write a zip/tar to "text/plain" Convert plug-in.

Note that at the moment there are no consideration on the "security"
settings of the documents. It might something you need to address when
you're indexing research data.

If you come up with something, feel free to share your work on e.g.
GitHub (github.com/eprints/eprints), thanks!

Seb.