[EP-tech] Citation import plugin error for Google Scholar, Scopus and WoS

ILINA SYAZWANI BINTI MUSA Staff ilina at um.edu.my
Wed Feb 5 09:24:13 GMT 2014

Hi everyone,

Recently, I installed Citation Import Plugin from
https://github.com/QUTlib/citation-import on two repositories.  The first
repository still can retrieve the data from Scopus, but nothing was shown
for Google Scholar dan WoS. When I run import_citationdata command, it
gives this result for both:

Starting EPrints Repository.

Connecting to DB ... done.
Ending EPrints Repository

The second repository, which is our main institution repository, has
serious issues. The first time we run the command for Scopus, it only
retrieved 76 from 1000 items. The items are displayed in Citation Data
(Manage Records). So the next day when we wanted to run the command for the
whole archives (6000 items), it didn't retrieve anything. We run the
command for several times, but we only got first 76 data. There are many
articles have citations count from Scopus that are not included in citation
datasets.

For Web of Science, we already registered our IP institutions on the URL
given in the instruction (Web of Science Web Services). In fact, we also
registered the IP for AMR services. However, it is still not working.

For example, the article, which is EPrint ID 6, supposedly has citation
count from Google Scholar, Scopus and Web of Science. The error is shown as
below:
##################################
Google scholar:
Starting EPrints Repository.
Connecting to DB ... done.
[umrepo gscholar] Error:
EPrints::Plugin::Import::CitationService::get_response must be over-ridden.
[umrepo gscholar] Warning: No matches found for EPrint ID 6

##################
Scopus:
Starting EPrints Repository.
Connecting to DB ... done.
[umrepo scopus] Error: Scopus responded with error condition for EPrint ID
6: ERROR, Maximum number of 100 requests exceeded, Request URL:
http://searchapi.scopus.com/documentSearch.url?format=XML&apiKey=77e7ffc14516af32e1bdc76864ee684c&search=eid(2-s2.0-77954044653)
[umrepo scopus] Error: Scopus responded with error condition for EPrint ID
6: ERROR, Maximum number of 100 requests exceeded, Request URL:
http://searchapi.scopus.com/documentSearch.url?format=XML&apiKey=77e7ffc14516af32e1bdc76864ee684c&search=title(%22Molecular+identification+of+adenovirus+causing+respiratory+tract+infection+in+pediatric+patients+at+the+University+of+Malaya+Medical+Center%22)+and+authlastname(+Abd-Jamil)+and+pubyear+is+2010
[umrepo scopus] Warning: No matches found for EPrint ID 6

###################
Web of Science:
Starting EPrints Repository.
Connecting to DB ... done.
[umrepo wos] Error: Unable to retrieve UID from Web of Science(R) for
EPrint ID 6: soap:Server User has no entitlement for this service level -
WOKSearchPremium Detail: $VAR1 = { 'AuthenticationException' => '' }; ,
userQuery = DO=(PMCID: PMC2914739)
[umrepo wos] Error: Unable to retrieve UID from Web of Science(R) for
EPrint ID 6: soap:Server User has no entitlement for this service level -
WOKSearchPremium Detail: $VAR1 = { 'AuthenticationException' => '' }; ,
userQuery = AU=( Abd*Jamil, J*) AND TI=("Molecular identification of
adenovirus causing respiratory tract infection in pediatric patients at the
University of Malaya Medical Center") AND PY=2010
[umrepo wos] Warning: No matches found for EPrint ID 6

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ilina Syazwani Musa
Project Officer
Information System Division
University of Malaya Library

--
" PENAFIAN: E-mel ini dan apa-apa fail yang dikepilkan bersamanya ("Mesej")
adalah ditujukan hanya untuk kegunaan penerima(-penerima) yang termaklum di

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain
confidential information. You are hereby notified that the taking of any
action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by
anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message
immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions
and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official
business of University of Malaya shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by any of the forementioned. "