[EP-tech] Re: Script to open a.ep_document_link in pop-up

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 12:59:58 BST 2014

Hi Jacob,
From the snippet of Prototype below, it looks like you’re defining a function ‘new_window_links’, but never actually calling it?

Does this work (anonymous function):
document.observe("dom:loaded", function() {
    links = $$("a.ep_document_link");
    links.each(function(link){
        link.observe("click", function(event){
            window.open(link.href);
            event.stop();
        });
    });
});

or this (same named function, specifically called):
document.observe("dom:loaded", function() {
    function new_window_links(){
      links = $$("a.ep_document_link");
      links.each(function(link){
        link.observe("click", function(event){