[EP-tech] Re: EPrints Bazaar down?

Lizz Jennings e.jennings at bath.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 13:30:31 BST 2014

Have now established with the networks team that we needed to change the
environment variables to use the web proxy, but while this has enabled
access when I use wget, EPrints is still not picking it up. Is there
another setting I need to change in EPrints to get this to work?

Lizz

On 25/04/2014 11:53, Lizz Jennings wrote:
> Yes, it seems that our networks team made some changes which are causing
> the problem.
>
> They now want to know what ports and protocols the bazaar uses - is
> there an obvious way of determining this?  I'm sorry if this is a
> totally silly question...
>
> Lizz
>
> On 16/04/2014 15:44, John Salter wrote:
>> Has anything changed on your server recently?
>> I used to get a similar thing on a dev server that had to go via a proxy.
>>
>> Try doing a wget from the server - to see if it can see the bazaar.
>> If you can, but it's not accessible vie EPrints (therefore Apache), you may need to configure something in the Apache.
>>
>> It shouldn't have just stopped for no reason - either something has been updated/enforced on your server; something that was in the network pathway is no longer there (or not open to your server) - e.g. a proxy, or something else...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> John

Technical Data Officer
Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)