[EP-tech] MariaDB

Wolton, Alexis P awolton at essex.ac.uk
Fri Apr 11 15:15:27 BST 2014

Hi all,

I'm considering the possibility of switching our IR's DB from MYSQL to MariaDB, and have setup a test instance running EPrints 3.3.12 and MariaDB 5.5 on Debian Wheezy.

The instance seems to be running well so far.  I wondered whether anyone else has already made the switch, and is running MariaDB on a production instance and could share their experiences, good or bad? And EPrints devs: do you know of any known compatibility issues running EPrints with MariaDB?  And is there a preferred version: 5.5, 10 etc?

Many thanks,

Alexis