[EP-tech] Re: Problem with installing bazaar plugin

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 10:20:58 GMT 2013

It looks like there's some phrases that are used in:
http://bazaar.eprints.org/336/1/epm/altmetric/cgi/altmetric
that aren't defined:
lib/altmetric:not_found

lib/altmetric:unknown_error

If you look at your page using Firefox and Firebug, you can see the response from:
http://your.repository/cgi/altmetric - which may well be something like:
{ "error": "1", "message": "["lib/altmetric:not_found" not defined]" }

If the phrases were defined, your box would have a 'No altmetrics found' type message in it.

This also shows an interesting trait of the plugin: the request to altmetrics is proxied - and therefor will be rate-limited by Altmetrics UNLESS you register for an API key. (which can then be added to ~/archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/cfg.d/z_altmetrics.pl)

I think a bit more install instruction for this might be good!
Cheers,
John