[EP-tech] Re: A specific eprint doesn't get indexed

franc at library.iisc.ernet.in franc at library.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Oct 11 11:33:41 BST 2013

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013, Alan.Stiles wrote:

> Also worth a quick check ÿÿ does the ÿÿmetadata_visibilityÿÿ flag on the eprint have the value set to ÿÿshowÿÿ?  (this should be in the other defined fields section of the admin view of the eprint, and as a field in the ÿÿeprintÿÿ table.  If this is set to ÿÿno_searchÿÿ then the item wonÿÿt appear in normal searches, browse views etc.

The problem has been set right.

As you had rightly mentioned, the problem was with the metadata_visibility
value. It has now been  set to 'show' and i'm able to search and browse
the specific eprint, which used to be problamatic.

The sql command that I have used is:

update eprint set metadata_visibility='show' where eprintid=47379

Thank you very much,

  - Francis

> Alan

believed to be clean.