[EP-tech] IRStats2: adding stats to individual abstract pages

Stewart Brownrigg S.J.Brownrigg at kent.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 18:01:40 GMT 2013

Hello,

I had a fresh look at QUT and Glasgow's IRStats setup.  There are a few differences between them:

QUT: IRStats2, statistics are not displayed on the abstract (summary) page (other than citation counts), but there is a link to the pages download stats.

  http://eprints.qut.edu.au/23032/

Glasgow looks like it is using IRStats2, and is displaying the stats on the same page.

  http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/1094/

In the absence of information about how to achieve getting the stats on the same page, I tried the QUT approach.  I have created a link that appears towards the end of the page which will take you to the download statistics for the item.  Unfortunately there are not many examples of downloads on kar-test, however there is this example:

  http://kar-test.kent.ac.uk/cgi/stats/report/eprint/25315

The home page for stats is here:

  https://kar-test.kent.ac.uk/cgi/stats/report/

While I was working on this problem, I came across QUT's example of how to place export options onto the same page.  You will probably notice the examples while you are looking at the statistics link.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Stewart