[EP-tech] OAI harvest in 3.3.12

Ranju Upadhyay Ranju.Upadhyay at nuim.ie
Wed Nov 6 10:05:24 GMT 2013

Hi List,

I need to add a new meatdata format  for oai harvesting . The meatadata is
basically DC with slight modification and called RIAN_DC (to confirm with
Ireland's national portal for oai harvesting http://www.rian.ie/) in the
previous versions we had achieved this by creating a plugin in which we did:

Created two files called

OAI_RIAN_DC.pm

OAI_RIAN_Export.pm

At ......./perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export/

The OAI_RIAN_DC.pm was based on OAI_DC.pm except for the name change and in
OAI_RIAN_Export.pm we had defined our export format.

And within oai.pl I had simply added a new metadata format as

"rian_dc" => "OAI_RIAN_DC"

Along with other formats.

All of this had allowed us to expose our metadata in our format called
"rian_dc" which would then be harvested by rian.ie.

I am trying to do the same in 3.3.12 and that does not quite work. One thing
I noticed is , the oai.pl file used to have a list of metadata name and
description which seem to have been changed so I tried to add mine as
{custom_sets} but that did not work either.

Can I get some help  please?

Regards,

Ranju Upadhyay

National University of Ireland Maynooth.