[EP-tech] Re: Access to Bazaar

Sheppard, Nick N.E.Sheppard at leedsmet.ac.uk
Thu May 23 10:44:16 BST 2013

Thanks both - have passed on

Nick

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Sebastien Francois
Sent: 23 May 2013 10:30
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Access to Bazaar

Hi Nick,

Following up on John's email:

Try adding $ENV{'HTTP_proxy') = your_proxy_url into cfg.d/session.pl (session_init). Then restart Apache and things should work.

Seb.

On 23/05/13 09:46, Sheppard, Nick wrote:
We are running eprints 3 for "evaluation" with a view to migrating from our current commercial software.

It's a bit tricky as I am liaising through our IT services so settings etc can be a bit opaque. Anyway, when I try to connect to the Bazaar from Admin -> System tools I get the error message below:

An error occurred while talking to the EPM source EPrints Bazaar (http://bazaar.eprints.org/): http://bazaar.eprints.org/cgi/search?q=&output=EPMI 500 Can't connect to bazaar.eprints.org:80 (connect: Connection timed out)

My colleague is pretty sure it's "a proxy thing" and found info that said a recent patch now enables it to use the environment variables to set proxy - he's done that but it didn't seem to help. If anyone is able to offer further info that would be helpful otherwise he'll need to open a hole in the site firewall but will need authorisation for that.

Thanks

Nick