[EP-tech] Access to Bazaar

Sheppard, Nick N.E.Sheppard at leedsmet.ac.uk
Thu May 23 09:46:39 BST 2013

We are running eprints 3 for "evaluation" with a view to migrating from our current commercial software.

It's a bit tricky as I am liaising through our IT services so settings etc can be a bit opaque. Anyway, when I try to connect to the Bazaar from Admin -> System tools I get the error message below:

An error occurred while talking to the EPM source EPrints Bazaar (http://bazaar.eprints.org/): http://bazaar.eprints.org/cgi/search?q=&output=EPMI 500 Can't connect to bazaar.eprints.org:80 (connect: Connection timed out)

My colleague is pretty sure it's "a proxy thing" and found info that said a recent patch now enables it to use the environment variables to set proxy - he's done that but it didn't seem to help. If anyone is able to offer further info that would be helpful otherwise he'll need to open a hole in the site firewall but will need authorisation for that.

Thanks

Nick