[EP-tech] Re: Controlled access to data in EPrints

Siminson ,Nicola Jane N.Siminson at gsa.ac.uk
Thu May 9 14:13:59 BST 2013

Dear Rachel and everyone,

Here at the Glasgow School of Art, we are also keen to explore EPrints'
capabilities for storing research data, with different types of user
access. Notwithstanding the need for research data to be made openly
available where possible, the nature of some of our researchers' data
does require restrictions in some cases, given that some of it is
commercially or ethically sensitive. We would therefore be very
interested in the below functionality too, and would be happy to
contribute to further discussions where we can.

Thanks for raising this - I'm sure many others will be looking at ways
to manage access to data via EPrints, too.

Best wishes,

Nicola

Nicola Siminson

Institutional Repository and Records Manager

The Glasgow School of Art

167 Renfrew Street
Glasgow
G3 6RQ