[EP-tech] about references and abstract field

Zehra TASKIN zehrayanar at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:00:08 BST 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to add enter to abstract and references fields on eprints,
however, it is not working.

I followed the path on that link;
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.eprints.devel/2481

I added "render_abstract" to the eprint_field.pl's abstract line, then added
below code to the eprints>perl_lib>eprint>extras.pm

sub render_abstract

{

    my( $session , $field , $value ) = @ _;

    my $frag = $session->make_doc_fragment;

    foreach my $para ( split /\n[\r\s]*\n/, $value )

    {

        my $p = $session->make_element( "p", class=>"abstract" );

        $p->appendChild( $session->make_text( $para ) );

        $frag->appendChild( $p );

    }

    return $frag;

}

The repository can not open when i change the codes. generate_views also
didn't work. Please could you help me about this issue. How can i add the
line to abstract and references field.

With best regards.

ZT