[EP-tech] Re: IRStats2 Beta

Schallehn, Volker volker.schallehn at ub.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Jun 27 09:08:12 BST 2013

Hi Seb,

> For names with hyphens, perhaps they could be displayed in capital letters (well the family part)?

So far as I can see, this cosmetic problem is not only related to hyphens, but also if a name consists of two parts with no hyphens. Some examples from our stats:

Küpper, Hans-ulrich

Heller, Kurt a.

Scriba, Peter christian
Bäuml-roßnagl, Maria-anna

But for me it is not that important. If it is difficult to change you may leave it as is. Because if you change all the names to upper case, other problems may occur: e.g. in german language there is no upper case letter for 'ß'. In this case 'ß' should be changed to 'SS'.

Cheers,
Volker