[EP-tech] Re: IRStats2 Beta

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 17:25:27 BST 2013

Hi Volker,

On 25/06/13 16:57, Schallehn, Volker wrote:

> Hi Seb,
>
> we also installed IRStats2 Beta at
> http://epub.ub.uni-muenchen.de/cgi/stats/report/. Here are my remarks:
>
> 1.I am wondering about the results. Looking at the report you see
> "Gottfried Keller: Kleider machen Leute
> <http://epub.ub.uni-muenchen.de/4926/>" (Author: Rolf Selbmann) is one
> of the most downloaded publications. But the author should also occur
> in the "Top author" list. But his name cannot be found in that list.
> The set is defined as follows:
>
>        {
>
>                     'name' => 'authors',
>
>                     'field' => 'creators_name',
>
>        },
>
>        because most of the creators have no populated ID-field.

I'd be interested in debugging that issue with you - I'll email you
outside the mailing-list if that's OK.

> 2.If you go to "Filter items" you will get a lot of author names
> several times. I suppose it depends on the number of the publication
> the author has published in the archive. It makes it nearly impossible
> to get all the downloads of one author in one report.

Ho you just found a nice bug in the name extraction, see
https://github.com/eprints/irstats2/issues/5

I'll have this fixed quickly on github and will update the EPM.

> 3.Just cosmetic: If a name contains a hyphen like "Hans-ulrich" the
> name part after the hyphen is changed to lower case.

OK I'll flag this as a bug for now and will see how I can improve the
rendering of double-barrelled names (
https://github.com/eprints/irstats2/issues/6)

Thanks for your feedback!

Seb