[EP-tech] Re: Antwort: Re: IRStats 2 and data security

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 24 13:02:58 BST 2013

What do you call a user? an IP address?

EPrints stores the IP address of a download request (in the 'access'
dataset), IRStats2 processes it in order to find out its geo-location
(the country). Aggregates of country data is rendered on the GeoMap.

^^ that's the only scenario where something is done with the IP address
within IRStats2. Other metrics don't require that piece of information.

Seb.